Purchasing Services Mission Statement
Purchasing Services will support and enhance the education of students by purchasing goods and services requested by the District and the colleges based upon an impartial open competitive vendor selection process that complies with applicable laws and District policies and achieves the lowest available acquisition cost consistent with the specified features, functions, quantity, quality, level of service, and required delivery time.
Standards of Public Purchasing Practice
- To regard public service as a sacred trust, giving primary consideration to the interests of the public agency that employs us.
- To purchase without prejudice, seeking to obtain the maximum value for each dollar expended.
- To avoid unfair practices, giving all qualified vendors equal opportunity.
- To honor our obligations and require that obligations to our public agency be honored.
- To accord vendor representatives courteous treatment, remembering that these representatives are important sources of information and assistance in solving our purchasing needs.
- To refuse to accept any form of commercial bribery, and prevent any appearance of so doing.
- To be receptive to counsel from our colleagues, and to cooperate with them to promote a spirit of teamwork and unity.
- To conduct ourselves with fairness and dignity, and to demand honesty and truth in the purchasing process.
- To strive for greater knowledge of purchasing methods and of the materials we purchase.
- To cooperate with all organizations and individuals involved in activities designed to enhance the development of the purchasing profession, remembering that our actions reflect on the entire purchasing profession.
Source: California Association of Public Purchasing Officers
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, CA 94022
Pam Grey, Director
Linda Mahi, Executive Assistant